Get to Know Your Faction Cloud Node: Atlanta, GA
If you are looking for an interconnection hub in the Southeast, look no further than Atlanta. Comfortably situated between New York and Florida and endpoint of the third-most trafficked fiber route in the United States, Atlanta serves as a key connectivity hub for telecommunications companies. Smack dab in the heart of the city lies Telx’s ATL-1– a 160,000 square foot facility that offers more choices for carrier-neutral interconnection, colocation and data center access than any other location in the region.
If you’re the type who appreciates choices (and we believe all Faction customers fit that mold rather well), then Telx’s 56 Marietta Street is ideal. In fact, the company offers over 900 network provider options for its Atlanta colocation customers. Plus, since the Telx facility sits on top of the majority of Atlanta’s fiber, customers benefit from extreme low latency. And you know what they say, the lower the latency, the faster the cloud.
Why We Love This Location:
Not only is Atlanta a key connectivity point, the Telx facility serves as both colocation provider and primary carrier hotel for the city. By using Faction’s dark fiber Layer 2 Pathways, customers are able to ride the same carrier network globally into all of Faction Cloud locations. Can you say easy access?
Rundown of Cloud Node Features:
- Cloud compute: Open compute 2.0 Intel E3, E5 & AMD 6300 solid state sleds
- Cloud storage: Based on NetApp Clustered DataONTap and StorageGRID technology
- 24×7 NOC operations
- Purpose-built infrastructure architected to support mission critical applications
- Cisco UCS computing platform featuring FlexPod as a Service
- Open compute Intel, Dell & AMD solid state sleds
- NetApp FAS 8000 Series Storage flash-optimized and fully redundant
- Multi-petabyte storage capabilities in every cloud location guarantees exceptional performance.
- Blended Internet dramatically reduces latency, while dedicated links ensure superior intracloud performance.
Did you know that Atlanta is home to 27 Fortune 1000 companies – AKA a hotbed for investment and an epicenter of business and innovation?
Learn more about our Atlanta cloud node here and don’t forget to stay tuned for the next blog in our “Get to Know Your Could Node Series” featuring Chicago.
Love the Faction Cloud Node series? Get to know Faction’s Seattle cloud here!
At Faction, transparency is key. That is why you can view our uptime, anytime, by visiting https://status.factioncloud.com/.