VMware Private Cloud
VMware private cloud helps you extend or migrate to the cloud in less time
Faction delivers a hosted private cloud powered by VMware. It’s the management, control, and governance you’re used to with VMware on-premises, but with better workload performance and ability to scale.
A custom-designed private cloud transports your VMware workloads to the cloud.
What is a VMware private cloud?
A VMware private cloud is a flexible and scalable cloud solution that can be customized to your organization’s needs. With a VMware private cloud, you can expand your storage capacity, automate disaster recovery workflows, and run legacy desktop applications in the cloud. VMware clouds regularly outperform on-premises workloads, and because they use the same toolset as VMware on-premises, there’s no steep learning curve for your team.
A Faction-managed and hosted private cloud protects your business and improves your bottom line.
Change CapEx to OpEx
Faction supplies the data center space, network connectivity, and operations you need to run your business. So instead of large capital expenses, you pay only a monthly subscription fee.
Some private cloud hosts put limitations on what your team can action in the data center. Faction keeps your team in the driver’s seat – full visibility and full control with full admin access to your VMware vCenter.
Protect your data
Utilize VMware Site Recovery Manager, a proven disaster recovery solution, to replicate on-premises, and we’ll provide all the managed services you need if disaster strikes.
How It Works
Extend or migrate your on-premises environments to the Faction Hosted Private Cloud using native VMware tools, creating a hybrid cloud.
Your private cloud leverages a familiar and enterprise proven VMware SDDC architecture. Providing you with the same level of administrative access as you are used to on-prem. Number of hosts can scale up to meet environment growth.
Faction leverages a 24/7 model to manage your hosted private cloud, data center operations, networking, and system availability.
The Faction FIX fabric can then tie the central Private Cloud environment into multiple public clouds, allowing unparalleled flexibility to burst, or access to cloud native PaaS services.
Every Faction-hosted private cloud starts with these core features
- Administrator-level VMware vCenter access for the same control as an on-premises cloud
- Hybrid and multi-cloud-ready with Faction Internetwork Exchange Connectivity
- Integration options for third-party tools used for monitoring, data management, automation, and more
- Full visibility into your environment with the vRealize Operations Manager performance portal to see each host and virtual machine in detail
- Starting capacity of 50GB RAM, 10GHz CPU, 1TB of flash-enhanced storage, 1000 IOPs, and 10Mbp/s of internet
- Separate scalability for each resource type in units of 5GB RAM, 1GHz CPU, and 1TB
- Extensive storage capacity
- 500 IOPS of storage performance
- 10Mbps internet bandwidth
- Flat, predictable cost structure with no unexpected fees
- The power and security of NSX in every Faction Cloud for fast and flexible networking
- The option to connect your Faction Cloud privately and securely to Faction Bare Metal, on-premise data centers, Metro colocation providers, and public clouds like AWS, Azure, Google, and Bluemix 99.99% availability service-level agreement A foundation for every Faction Cloud deployment
- Options to configure your Bloc(s) with additional resources and services to make your Cloud the perfect fit
- Additional Blocs available in separate Faction locations for primary and secondary sites
Each environment includes:
- 50 GB RAM and 10 GHz CPU
- 1TB flash-enhanced production storage
- vRealize operations monitoring/performance portal
- 1000 IOPs
- 10 Mbps network
- 60 Gbps denial of service protection
- Hybrid and multi-cloud ready with fix connectivity
- Full vCenter access
- Unlimited NSX firewall, load balancer, and VPN appliances
- 99.99% availability SLA
- Chicago, IL
- Denver, CO
- Frankfurt, Germany
- New Jersey/New York City
- Portland, OR
- Reston, VA
- Santa Clara, CA
- London, England
- Reservation models: Reserve, compute, and storage for disaster recovery and bursting workloads.
- FIX connection: Add a private, secure, high-performance connection to AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or Oracle Cloud.
Get a private cloud built to your business and data needs.
Faction deploys, hosts, and manages private clouds powered by VMware to give your business more control over your data and more opportunity to grow.Get a Custom Quote